Thinking of taking the leap into business? What skills do you actually need to achieve your goals?
In this special episode of Eden Exchanges on Guidance for Small Businesses we spoke to James Jacka, a successful Franchisor and savvy businessman. His breadth of knowledge, experiences and insights into Aussie business makes him an excellent authority to give you guidance on finding a business that suits your needs, excel once it’s locked in, and achieve your ongoing goals and objectives.
We urge you to listen in to this practical, step-by-step advice that takes you through the whole process of small business ownership, wherever you are on that scale.
- Small businesses and franchises in the Australian landscape
- Is a small business for everyone?
- Suggestions for someone looking for work-life balance
- What are people looking for? What motivates people to start up a business?
- Understanding the stresses
- Family & managing the social aspect
- Having an on/off switch
- Going it alone as an entrepreneur, or finding a system to work for you
- Different styles of business and people
- Figuring out the financials
- Starting your business plan and cash flow
- Narrowing down business to suit your skills for the most financial returns
- How to generate work and get to market
- Advertising tips
- What to look out for when buying a business
- Do your research, fact check, and ask the right questions
- Short, medium, and long term goals
- Choosing who to partner with and setting clear boundaries
- Final pieces of advice