(Audio player not working? Head to our Soundcloud page to listen to all our podcasts.)
What is a business really worth? In this episode of Eden Exchanges we spoke to Michael Kerr of Kerr Capital. Michael offers his insights on buying, selling and valuing a business in the Australian market, and also discussed key trends he is seeing in the sector as an advisor on business exits. Hear more about what kind of businesses Kerr Capital manages and what it really takes to capitalise on opportunities, in the business buying and selling market.
Key Discussion Points.
- How Michael Became the founder of Kerr Capital
- How Michael defined his own path
- Who are Kerr Capital’s clients?
- Tips on how to pick a good business to buy and sell.
- How small businesses can be overlooked
- What type of small business are in demand
- Tricks to know about making a sale and what to look for before buying
- What kind of profit margins you can expect in buying and selling
- Michael’s hands on approach to buying and selling
- How to spot a great opportunity
- What being a business broker is all about
- How to get in touch with Michael or the business
- To hear more from Michael Kerr, click here for an upcoming webinar he is conducting with Geoff Green.
- Michael Kerr of Kerr Capital and Geoff Green of GRG Momentum will cover the most common business exit questions they get and provide guidance on how to get started, who to turn to for advice and what questions to ask.
- Thinking about your exit? Not sure what to do next and who to turn to for advice?
- Geoff Green and Michael Kerr are are running a webinar on November 29th help owners understand more about the exit market and what it takes to do it well
Click here to register for the webinar
- Kerr Capital: Profile/ Website
- BusinessBuyInvest :Website
- Eden Exchange: Website/Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/Instagram
Kerr Capital was established in 2002. Kerr Capital provides Services and Advice to help you,
the small business owner, to:
- Increase the value of your business
- Improve the saleability of your business
- Successfully convert your business value into personal wealth
Prior to founding Kerr Capital he worked in senior executive roles in the following companies:
- Sharinga Networks Australia Pty Ltd
- Freeonline Australia Pty Ltd
- National Australia Bank Ltd
- Brick Securities Ltd
- Ernst & Young