In this episode of Eden Exchanges we spoke to Greg McLardie, Managing Director of CaroMel Ltd who are working with Funding Strategies. CaroMel is an innovative digital platform connecting fishermen and farmers with high end restaurants in China. Hear Greg talk through his exciting new concept, set to disrupt the supply chain to improve traceability, quality and profitability.
- What is CaroMel?
- Greg’s eclectic background and how that led to him starting the company
- Inspiration for the concept
- Spreading the word & getting the industry on board with the concept
- Moving the concept to a workable solution
- Who benefits from CaroMel
- Importance on food provenance and regulations
- Cutting through ‘the grey channel’, e.g. illegal supply chain operations
- Poor conditions of fish in transport
- A system that creates transparency
- Digitizing everything
- Transparency and trackability of food is at the core
- How the technology is being put together
- What stage the business is at and upcoming launch
- Forming relationships & doing business in China
- Board of directors
- Their CEO in China
- How to get in touch with Funding Strategies if you are interested
- Funding Strategies CaroMel/Website/Facebook
- Eden Exchange Website/Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/Instagram
- BusinessBuyInvest Website
About CaroMel Ltd
CaroMel Ltd aims to connect fishermen and farmers directly to high-end restaurants and their end consumers. Initially the Company will focus on the supply of Southern Rock Lobster (SRL) and Abalone to high-end restaurants in China. To find out more about CaroMel Ltd click here.
DISCLAIMER: Eden Exchange Pty Ltd and Funding Strategies Pty Ltd have taken all reasonable care in publishing the information contained in this Director Briefing. It is information given in a summary form and does not purport to be complete. The information contained is not intended to be used as the basis for making any investment decision and you are solely responsible for any use you choose to make of the information. We strongly advise that you seek independent professional advice before making any investment decisions. Eden Exchange Pty Ltd and Funding Strategies Pty are not responsible for any consequences of the use you make of the information, including any loss or damage you or a third party might suffer as a result of that use.