A lucrative new industry for Australia
(Audio player not working? Head to our Soundcloud page to listen to all our podcasts.)
Thermawood’s retrofit glazing solutions reduce energy consumption in the home as well as improving thermo-comfort. The industry has already seen a huge surge across Europe and New Zealand. We talked to Graeme about the massive potential for double-glazing franchises in Australia, and what makes it a solid investment opportunity. Listen for tips from Graeme and how to succeed in this lucrative business.
Key discussion points
- Graeme Clarke’s background
- How Thermawood kicked off & has grown since then
- The double glazing industry; Europe, New Zealand, and now Australia
- Not just for cold climates
- Franchise law in Australia
- Company processes and strategies that have changed to suit the Australian market
- Tips for prospective Thermawood franchisees
- What makes a franchisee a good fit?
- What’s more important, people or procedures?
- Lessons learned through building the franchise
- Future goals for expansion in Australia
- Getting the brand out there
- Promoting energy saving in a climate of rising energy costs
- Next steps for recruiting a franchisee