(Audio player not working? Head to our Soundcloud page to listen to all our podcasts.)
In this episode of Eden Exchanges we spoke to Grant Diers, a Jim’s Antennas franchisor in Tasmania. Grant shares his background as a theatre machinist and how he came to head up a Jim’s Antennas in Tasmania. Grant also discusses Jim’s Antennas move in to home security, modern media capabilities, his 5 years in the business and current customer base. He also discusses the need for franchisees in Tasmania with a growing market demand in the region opening up a business opportunities for operators in the area.
- Grant’s Background and previous job role
- Operating for 5 1/2 years with Jim’s Antennas
- Opportunity Grant couldn’t miss
- Tackling a 500,000 population client base
- Grant’s trade background and solving problems by habit
- Wanting to change direction from theatre and machinist
- Very little opportunity for his previous industry
- Jim’s Antennas was a change for the better.
- A lot of experience in electrical and fitting.
- Making the most of his experience and putting it to good use.
- Turing a DIY habit into a business opportunity
- Being challenged everyday with Jim’s
- Jim’s Antennas taking on new technologies and new mediums
- The analog connection is in the past
- The security acquisition and what Security means to Jim’s
- Opportunities in the security inustry with Jim’s in Tasmania
- Opportunities In Tasmania
- How to get in touch with Grant
- How to enquire about a franchise opportunity with Jim’s Antennas.
Jim’s Antennas commenced in June 1999, as a division of the Jim’s Group of companies specialising in quality antenna installations and servicing. Jim’s Antennas now has over 150 qualified technicians, servicing all areas of Australia. Jim’s Antennas technicians are extensively trained in all aspects of audio and visual services, including digital and analogue antenna systems, digital upgrades, plasma, LCD & LED installations, home theatre, surround sound, telephone and data services, video intercoms and extra TV and stereo points. Jim’s Antennas technicians are Digital TV Specialists and make it their business to keep abreast of new technology in Digital TV.
Our technicians know the importance of great customer service.
View our website for more information on our services.