So you want to be your own boss, but how do you get from A to B? What makes a franchise a solid investment proposition?
In this episode of Eden Exchanges we talked through all the steps of building a successful franchise with James Jacka, Divisional Manager of Jim’s Test and Tag and Jim’s Fire Safety Group. From that very first phone call, through to the returns on investment and what it really takes to succeed in the franchise industry, James provides us with invaluable insights and draws on his own diverse experiences that brought him to lead one of Australia’s best-known franchise operations.
Key discussion points
- How James went from employee to owner (1:16)
- Origins of the franchise and seizing the opportunity (2:12)
- Growth triggers of the franchise; investing in people, process and culture (3:21)
- Building a winning culture (5:00)
- What’s more important, people or procedures? (3:10)
- What makes a good plan? (3:10)
- What makes a great franchisee? Can you pick them? (9:00)
- The importance of resilience (10:52)
- The importance of support networks (12:40)
- The franchisee-franchisor mentorship relationship (13:50)
- Why franchising is popular in Australia (15:20)
- A franchise resilient to an economic downturn (17:20)
- Australians transitioning from declining industries into franchising (19:35)
- Jim’s Test & Tag and Jim’s Fire Safety are looking to recruit 50 franchisees this year (20:35)
- Using technology to connect with people and franchisees (21:35)
- The recruitment process at Jim’s Test & Tag and Jim’s Fire Safety (22:25)
- What is the value of a Jim’s Test & Tag and Jim’s Fire Safety business? (27:03)
- Eden Exchange
- Jim’s Test and Tag
- Jim’s Fire Safety
Jim’s Test & Tag and Fire Safety, Australia’s first choice for electrical testing and tagging services.
Looking for a new challenge and want to become your own boss? Nothing could be easier than owning your own franchise business with Jim’s. We will provide you with equipment, full training and ongoing support to help you with your journey to success.
With over 3,500 franchisees across Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the UK, the Jim’s Group is a recognised and trusted brand. Our franchisees enjoy the flexibility, lifestyle, income and ability to control their own time with their business.
If you’re interested to find out more or are thinking about becoming a Franchisee with Jim’s Test & Tag, speak to us today to discuss how the Jim’s family could be right for you. Jim’s Test & Tag are there to help you succeed, call 131 546 today or fill in our Franchise Enquiry Form.