The REIV are now taking enrollments for the highly popular Business Broking Course – Limited spaces available, small class numbers to ensure interactive hands on class to suit all levels.
Job Ready – Business Broking Wednesday, 23 to Friday, 25 November | 9:00am – 5:00pm
Learn and understand the world of business broking in this three day intensive course. This engaging course provides an overview of the various aspects of selling/buying a business and the important role a broker plays in the transaction. Topics covered include relevant legislation, documentation, business financials and risk management.
You will also learn relevant communication and negotiation skills to conduct productive discussions between buyers and sellers, central to achieving strong outcomes for your client.
Note this is a three day course.
Upon completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Apply strategies to attract new listings and prepare for listing presentations
- Conduct marketing activities and produce effective Information Memorandums
- Understand basic business finance aspects
- Understand the finance framework that applies to business
- Discern business valuation in order to communicate to prospective business buyers
- Apply appropriate pricing methods to ascertain business value
- Mitigate risk through accurate completion of sales documentation in conducting the sale of a business
- Understand business sales factors including personnel, franchises and commercial leases
- Implement negotiation techniques to communicate effectively with clients and achieve sales
- Apply relevant legislation and code of conduct to business sales activities